27 May ALL DIGITAL elects a new Board for 2019-2021
27 May, 2019
On 23 May 2019, the ALL DIGITAL General Assembly was held in Brussels with delegates representing 64 member organisations. Among the important agenda topics there was the election of the new board and controllers for the next two years.
First of all, we would like to thank the previous Board and controllers for their service and especially the Chair of the Board Mara Jakobsone from LIKTA, Latvia, for her dedication, leadership, and lots of hard work during her seven years of chairing the Board.
Before the meeting in Brussels, all members had a chance to review the candidates’ bios and motivation to serve on the Board; and at the General Assembly the candidates had to do a one-minute pitch to attract the voters.
As a result of the voting, eight previous Board members were re-elected, and Gabriela Barna, who was a Co-Chair of the Board during 2010-2012, re-joined the Board. The General Assembly also elected a new Chair of the Board – Achilles Kameas from CTI, Greece and Deputy Chair – Nenja Wolbers from Stiftung Digitale Chancen, Germany.
THE ALL DIGITAL BOARD 2019-2021
- Gabriela Barna – Educating for an Open Society – EOS Romania
- Mariusz Boguszewski – FRSI, Poland
- Veronique de Leener – Maks, Belgium
- Mara Jakobsone – LIKTA, Latvia
- Achilles Kameas, Chair of the Board – CTI, Greece
- Virginia Pareja – Esplai Foundation, Spain
- Sara Van Dame – Digipolis Gent, Belgium
- Altheo Valentini – Association ‘Centro Studi di Foligno’, Italy
- Nenja Wolbers, Deputy Chair of the Board – Stiftung Digitale Chancen, Germany
The ALL DIGITAL General Assembly also elected financial controllers for the next two years: Rodrigo Zardoya (Dedalo Foundation, Spain) and Athanasios Priftis (Ynternet.org Foundation, Switzerland) will continue their service, while joined by Loreta Krizinauskiene from Langas I Ateiti, Lithuania.
We wish the new Board and controllers all the inspiration and energy to lead our network to new successes!