06 Jan DocEnhance – Broadening PhD expertise through transferable skills
06 Jan, 2020
DocEnhance aims to enhance transferable skills intelligence and integration into PhD programmes by:
- Involving the non-academic sector in developing a more employment and innovation-oriented curriculum for PhD programmes;
- Facilitating work-based learning and business-education partnerships through developing PhD courses;
- Tracking of PhD graduate career paths.
The major outputs of the project:
- a recommended transferable skills curriculum for PhD programmes;
- a novel course concept and material;
- an open-access career tracking survey.
The project is focused on transferable skills, considered key skills to facilitate young researchers and recent doctorates to being employed in any field of interest. All project outputs are freely available as Open Educational Resources through the DocEnhance Platform that includes the training materials, the community of researchers and provides a networking digital environment to foster the community beyond the project lifetime.
DocEnhance builds on a large, diverse and experienced consortium, several existing EU-projects and other initiatives to achieve these ambitious goals. The Advisory Board and the Industry Reference Group represent the major stakeholders and end-users of the project outputs, and their involvement is ensured through a co-creation approach that includes project evaluation and validation events.
- The Arctic University of Norway, Norway – Coordinator
- ALL DIGITAL, Belgium
- University of Chemistry and Technology Prague, Czech Republic
- Tampere University, Finland
- European Science Foundation, France
- Tree of Science SAS, France
- Technical University of Munich, Germany
- University of Ghana, Ghana
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- European University Foundation, Luxembourg
- Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise, Norway
- NOVA University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
- Fundación Universidad-Empresa, Spain
- University of Alcalá, Spain
- Karlstad University, Sweden
- InnoExc, Switzerland
- The Aduah.es/enecco Group, Switzerland