24 Dec Handbook on Educational Robotics
24 Dec, 2019
The eMedia: Media Literacy and Digital Citizenship for All project aims to promote education for all by producing educational guidelines related to digital practices which consists of three handbooks. These handbooks support possibilities for a new and innovative way of teaching different subjects at school. They address educators who are interested in developing their digital competence and improving their understanding of educational robotics as a pedagogical approach in formal or non-formal education.
The handbooks are devoted to three aspects of digital competence:
1 ) Educational robotics: to develop computational thinking with hands-on activities.
2) Media literacy: to understand the power and the risks of online social media.
3) Online expression: to promote a more responsible use of social media, blogs, web radios and web TVs.
In addition to the printed manuals, their electronic versions are also available, with additional information on the topic in question. Free online courses have been created on a moodle platform.
The handbook on Educational Robotics gives an insight in robotics and its implementation in education. It is intended to be used as a guideline and source for inspiration for teachers who are willing to expand their knowledge and skills and learn together with children in creative environment. The handbook
- explains in brief what robotics is, how it can play an important role in education;
- gives technical considerations on what is needed to start these activities;
- provides practical examples of robotics activities in the classroom;
- gives examples of European good practices
Check out the handbook on Educational Robotics in the other languages available: