12 May Handbook on Online Expression
12 May, 2021
The eMedia: Media Literacy and Digital Citizenship for All project aims to promote education for all by producing educational guidelines (handbooks) related to digital practices. These handbooks support possibilities for a new and innovative way of teaching different subjects at school. They address educators who are interested in developing their digital competence and improving their understanding of educational robotics as a pedagogical approach in formal or non-formal education.
The handbooks are devoted to three aspects of digital competence:
- Educational robotics: to develop computational thinking with hands-on activities.
- Media literacy: to understand the power and the risks of online social media.
- Online Expression to promote a more creative, active and wise use of the web
In addition to the printed manuals, their electronic versions are also available, with additional information on the topic in question. Free online courses have been created on the Moodle platform.
The handbook on Online Expression gives an insight on what is online expression, and intends to promote a more creative, active and wise use of the web, exploring the opportunities given not only by social media and blogs. The aim of the handbook is to help teachers guide young people to hone their online expression skills by explaining how to be proactive in their online expressions and less reactive, to become a digital prosumer and not a consumer. The hanbook focuses on the following elements that characterizes online active participation:
- The creation of relationships;
- The building of a community or the fact of representing a community;
- The collective interest;
- The intention to produce a change, to influence society.