15 Sep ReStory: ReWrite Your Story
15 Sep, 2020
The ReStory – ReWrite Your Story project aims to create an innovative curriculum accompanied by tools and methodologies about storytelling practices to be applied by care-givers to seniors. The purpose of ReStory project is to arm the care-givers with skills that will help elderly people regain an active role in the society. During piloting, 140 care-givers will take part in the program and improve their skills. After the training based on the project’s curriculum, care-givers will have the opportunity to use a handy tool that will help them assist their beneficiaries (end users of the project), the seniors, to create their own stories and recreate them by working together through the techniques of artistic means.
Elderly people will feel themselves useful for the society, will enhance their emotional and social skills, and therefore will have the opportunity to overcome the barrier of age, the difficulty of feeling unnecessary and of handling responsibilities. These will lead the elderly people to improve their self-esteem, sense of community, and feeling of active citizenship.
- To arm the care-givers with a handy tool, which improves, updates and boosts the quality of their services, broadens their knowledge and skills, and helps them be more confident for project making in their future career.
- To develop an educational material for the care-givers in order to give to the elderly people they work with the opportunity to overcome the barrier of age and the difficulty of feeling unnecessary and handling responsibilities. A methodology which has the storytelling as its base, and uses the stories as the core material which will be transduced into a variety of artistic forms, such as performing arts (dance / video dance, theater / documentary theater) visual arts (digital narration, stop motion video) and creative writing (e-book).
- To provide seniors with the opportunity to take over high-responsibility positions by being part of a working team, that will help them regain the feeling of being part of social activities.
- Care-givers working with seniors (professionals)
- Institutions and services working with seniors (VET organizations, counsellors, etc.)
- Focus Groups’ methodology guide for identifying needs, artistic potential and preferences
- Curriculum for care-givers working with storytelling techniques
- Toolbox that will contain the educational exercises
- Handbook that will contain the methodology of the techniques
- IT open platform with the methodology, the toolbox and all the IT & cultural products
- Recommendations for policy makers and training providers
- University of Peloponnese (UOP) – Project Coordinator, Greece
- ALL DIGITAL, Belgium
- IASIS, Greece
- EDRA – Kinonikes Sineteristikes Drastiriotitesefpathon Omadon, Greece
- IRIPS – Institut Régional d’Insertion Professionnelle et Sociale, France
- AEVA – Associacao Para A Educacao Evalorizacao Da Regiao De Aveiro, Portugal
- CSI – Center For Social Innovation Ltd, Cyprus
- Asociación La Bien Pagá Espacio Escénico, Spain