06 Jul IDEAHL – Improving Digital Empowerment for Active Healthy Living
06 Jul, 2022
The Improving Digital Empowerment for Active Healthy Living project (IDEAHL) aims at developing and testing new models and approaches of (digital) health literacy (acronym (d)HL) intervention development and application through the co-creation of a comprehensive and inclusive EU (d)HL Strategy.
The IDEAHL consortium is composed of 14 multi-disciplinary partners from 10 EU Member States, which work hand in hand with patients, citizens, and the broad socio-economic sector at local level.
The project will first conduct an extensive mapping of health literacy (HL) and (d)HL research, initiatives, and projects in the EU and beyond. It will define best practices and champions in these fields to foster knowledge exchange and uptake of selected practices. Building on these foundations, IDEAHL will launch a large co-creation process to design and plan its EU (d)HL Strategy. The project will involve over 1,300 different stakeholders, from citizens and patients to healthcare and social services, policy makers, non-health sectors, academia, etc.
The collected feedbacks will allow to develop an inclusive Strategy to improve (d)HL for the benefit of all citizens focusing on health promotion, disease prevention, treatment and (self)-care as well as on monitoring its impact on the wellbeing, productivity and the economy. The Strategy will pay special attention to social innovation, inclusion, gender, and ethics & privacy dimensions.
Actions of the Strategy will be piloted in the 10 project countries. From the testing and evaluation of the pilots, IDEAHL will be able to put forward a common EU monitoring model and indicators for (d)HL levels.
The ultimate purpose of the project will be to empower EU citizens in using digital tools to have a more active role in the management of their own health and well-being, as well as supporting social innovations for person-centred care models.
- CONSEJERIA DE SALUD Y SERVICIOS SANITARIOS – Principado de Asturias – Spain, Coordinator
- SERVICIO DE SALUD DEL PRINCIPADO DE ASTURIAS – Spain
- FUNDACION PARA EL FOMENTO EN ASTURIAS DE LA INVESTIGACION CIENTIFICA APLICADA Y TECNOLOGIA – Spain
- CONSULTA EUROPA PROJECTS AND INNOVATION SL – Spain
- ISTITUTO PER SERVIZI DI RICOVERO E ASSISTENZA AGLI ANZIANI – Italia
- ROYAL MELBOURNE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY SPAIN SL – Spain
- E-SENIORS: INITIATION DES SENIORS AUX NTIC ASSOCIATION – Spain
- EUROPEAN INSTITUTE OF WOMEN’S HEALTH COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE – Ireland
- INCE INIZIATIVA CENTRO EUROPEA – SEGRETARIATO ESECUTIVO – Italy
- BEHOERDE FUER ARBEIT, GESUNDHEIT, SOZIALES, FAMILIE UND INTEGRATION HAMBURG – Germany
- PROFESSIONSHOJSKOLEN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE NORDJYLLAND – Denmark
- Malardalen University – Sweden
- SEINAJOEN AMMATTIKORKEAKOULU OY – Finland
- ADI & SALU SERSOC SL – Spain
- ALL DIGITAL AISBL – Belgium
- CARITAS DIOCESANA DE COIMBRA – Portugal