14 Apr Cyprus Computer Society
14 Apr, 2015
Joined us in:
The Cyprus Computer Society (CCS) is a professional and independent not-for-profit organization, seeking to improve and promote high standards amongst informatics professionals, in recognition of the impact that informatics has on employment, business, society as well as on the quality of life of citizens.
Through the advancement of IT Science and good practice our organization promotes wider social and economic progress, bringing together industry, academics, practitioners and government to share knowledge, promote new thinking, inform the design of new curricula, shape public policy and inform the public.
The CCS was founded in 1984 and today with the high quality level of the services it offers to its (more than 1,200) members, the IT community and the society, the CCS has become the trust-worthy reference point of IT in Cyprus.
EU FUNDED PROJECTS (past 5 years)
• Digital Invasions for the promotion of cultural heritage (DIGINV), Erasmus+ KA2, funding period 2018-2020, (Partner organisation) Funded by the Italian National Agency
• Coding for inclusion (CODINC), Erasmus+ KA3, funding period 2018-2020, (Partner organisation) Funded by EACEA
• Smart Women, Erasmus+ KA2, funding period 2016-2018, (Partner organisation) Funded by the Maltese National Agency
• Code & Youth: An innovative programme in the digital era (Code and Youth), Erasmus+ KA2, funding period 2016-2017, (Project Coordinator) Funded by the Cyprus Youth Board
• Development of an ICT Skills Framework and Certification for Management Assistants, Leonardo Da Vinci, Lifelong Learning Programme, funding period 2012-2014, (National Coordinator) Funded by the Cyprus Foundation for the Management of European Lifelong Learning Programmes
• Building Enterprises – Wireless and Internet Security in European Regions (BEWISER), EU FP7, funding period 2013-2016, (Partner organisation) Funded by the Maltese National Agency, Funded by the European Commission
INITIATIVES AND ACTIVITIES
• Robotex Cyprus: The pancyprian robotics competition organized based on the standards of the international competition NPO ROBOTEX of Estonia
• BEBRAS Challenge – Cyprus: An international initiative aiming to promote informatics and computational thinking among school students of all ages
• Cyprus Cyber Security Challenge: The pancyprian competition organised for the selection of the National Team which competes at the European Cyber Security Challenge (ECSC)
• Cyprus Olympiad in Informatics: The pancyprian competition organised for the selection of the National Team which competes at the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), the Balcan Olympiad in Informatics (BOI) and the European Junior Olympiad in Informatics (EJOI)
• Hour of Code: Activities with introduction to computer science, designed to demystify “code”, to show that anybody can learn the basics, and to broaden participation in the field of computer science.
• European Robotics week: One week of various robotics related activities across Europe for the general public, highlighting the growing importance of robotics in a wide variety of application areas and the growing importance of skills in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
• EU Code week: A grassroots initiative which brings coding and digital literacy to everybody in a fun and engaging way.
• ALL DIGITAL Week: An annual digital empowerment campaign run at digital competence centres, libraries, schools, community centres and non-profits across Europe with online and offline events tackling digital transformation and its effects.
Name: Toumazis Toumazi
Position: Project Officer