20 Oct Get Your Facts Straight! (Media Literacy) Toolkit for Educators and Training Providers
The Get Your Facts Straight! project partners have developed a 10-hour media literacy training course on disinformation in social media for 14-16 year olds and their parents and grand parents. The course can be implemented both in schools, as well as in non-formal educational settings such as youth clubs, libraries, NGOs.
The training course consists of 3 modules and a final assignment:
- Module 1: What is disinformation?
- Module 2: How social media make money and why disinformation and propaganda are vastly present on social media
- Module 3: How to recognize and react to disinformation
The partnership has prepared a Training Toolkit to support educators and training providers in the implementation of the training course.
The Toolkit contains:
- training outline with detailed description of modules, sessions, and expected learning outcomes
- adopted methodology
- list of open educational resources (OERs) that project partners used in the piloting of the training course