24 Jan DCDS – Digital Competences Development System
24 Jan, 2018
In today’s society everyone needs to have a wide set of skills, knowledge and competences, including a sufficient level of digital competence, in order to play an active part in society, to access and progress in the labour market, and to engage in further education and training in a lifelong learning perspective. Around a quarter of the European adult population struggles with reading and writing and has poor numeracy and digital skills. Adults who do not possess a sufficient level of such skills face a high risk of social exclusion.
In this context, the Digital Competences Development System (DCDS) project aimed at establishing a framework that provided the low-skilled adult European population with the basic digital and transversal competences needed for employment, personal development, social inclusion and active citizenship.
To achieve this aim, the project developed an open, innovative multilingual Digital Competences Development System (DCDS) and used it to provide non-formal training to low-skilled adults in different European countries.
- The Digital Competences Development Methodology (DCDM) for the development of digital competences and related transversal skills of adults.
- The online Digital Competences Development Environment (DCDE) consisting of the following modules:
- Self-assessment tool that allows adults identify gaps in basic digital competences;
- Recommender tool that enables trainees to identify the training offers that best match their needs;
- Online tools for the management of trainees’ profiles and the definition of flexible learning pathways that combine training modules;
- Online learning application with gamification features;
- Multilingual digital Open Educational Resources;
- Validation and certification of digital and transversal competences.
- Personalised blended non-formal training composed by training modules to meet individual learning needs, which combine online learning with face-to-face support sessions by e-facilitators.
- Handbooks and course guides for implementing the methodology to assist the trainers and the training providers in planning and delivering flexible and modular training offers.
- Policy Influence Toolkit for training providers and policy recommendations based on data analysis for further exploitation and transfer by policy makers on e-Inclusion, Adult Education and Digital Skills Agenda.
DCDS was completely aligned to the European Digital Competence Framework for Citizens – DigComp and promoted its adoption in Europe.
- ALL DIGITAL, Belgium – Coordinator
- Hellenic Open University (HOU), DAISSy Research Group– Greece – ALL DIGITAL Member
- Centro Studi Foligno (CSF), Italy – ALL DIGITAL Member
- Associazione Emiliano-Romagnola Centri Autonomi di Formazione (AECA), Italy
- Fundación ESPLAI, Spain – ALL DIGITAL Member
- LIKTA, Latvia – ALL DIGITAL Member
- EOS Foundation– Romania – ALL DIGITAL Member
- European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA), Belgium