22 May Join the SmartDevOps Community of Practice
22 May, 2020
The goal of the “DevOps Competences for Smart Cities” (#SmartDevOps) Project, in which ALL DIGITAL takes part, is the professional development through appropriate training of the executives who work or will work in municipalities, which are gradually transformed into Smart Cities. Through the training, the executives of the municipalities will acquire the knowledge required for the management of smart cities, such as the DevOps methodology and the skills related to new IT technologies and necessary for their realization.
We invite interested people, such as employees of municipalities and Local Government Agencies, business executives, freelancers and the unemployed to join the SmartDevOps project community of practice.
Membership in the community of practices provides you with the following benefits:
- Participation in a new dynamic community, with executives, focusing on transforming cities into smart cities;
- Priority to participate in education. The training will be FREE, and the number of trainees is limited;
- Update on smart city news and especially smart city educational topics;
- Communication with other executives with common interests (via forum).
How to join?
The registration process requires less than three minutes. You can do it through the menu “Community of Practice”.
What will you discuss and learn?
The project aims to define three new job profiles, for those who work already or wish to work in a smart city. These new job profiles are:
- Smart City Planner,
- Smart City ΙΤ Manager and
- Smart City IT Officer.
A Smart City (SC) Planner is the high-ranking executive who can meet the requirements arising from the city’s needs for digital transformation, define the operating framework of the digital services provided and in general develop the strategic vision of the smart city.
A SC IT Manager sets goals and sets strategies for the IT department, by adopting appropriate technological solutions, in order to support the operation of the digital systems and services of the Municipality while at the same time he is responsible for the design and implementation of digital transformation
A SC IT officer is an IT technical expert that should be able to analyze city’s organizational data, determine information system requirements and define project objectives, apply software development process, with appropriate tools and techniques, make recommendations for necessary IT systems, design, implement, deploy and operate new IT services and provide support and training to various types of users.
In addition, a key objective of the project is to train a number of people, who are municipal employees or professionals executives with IT specialties or related to the development of a smart city, who want to get to know these technologies and work in the future in municipalities and smart cities.
The training will lead the participants to develop very important competences and skills, which can be divided in four different groups:
- Transversal Skills. Includes the development of abilities such as creativity, entrepreneurial thinking, ability to work in a team, social skills, ambiguity tolerance, motivation to learn, emotional intelligence, strategic vision, intercultural skills, project and process management, design thinking, decision making and problem solving, leadership and management skills, stakeholder management, knowledge management and advanced presentation skills.
- General IT management knowledge. Includes the development of abilities in a variety of topics such as software development life cycles and agile methods, IT quality assurance, IT security, system and software architecture, basic concepts of Cloud computing, basic concepts of Internet Of Things, basic concepts of Data Analytics, introduction to Artificial Intelligence and introduction to ITIL.
- DevOps skills. DevOps basic concepts (culture and practices), repository management, continuous integration, configuration management, use of building, deployment and monitoring tools and code analysis and continuous testing tools.
- Smart cities related skills. Includes knowledge and abilities about smart cities platforms, smart cities business models, smart services and operating procedures, smart cities standards and legal issues, smart city sustainability, smart city resiliance, urban management, citizen driven/citizen orientation/user experience design and smart city financial management and procurement.
After the successful completion of the training, all participants will receive a certificate.