11 Mar Working together to support the 43%
ALL DIGITAL and Lifelong Learning Platform are pleased to invite you to the stakeholder event
Working together to support the 43%
… of Europeans that lack digital skills to fully participate in and benefit from the digital society.
When: 26 March 2019; 09:00 – 13:00
Where: SOLIDAR Foundation, Rue de Pascale 4-6 – 1000 Brussels
This event will present different perspectives from government, industry, academia and civil society on how to inform citizens about the importance of digital competences and how to support them with innovative educational approaches. It will also highlight ways in which the multi-stakeholder approach is enhancing opportunities for lifelong learning and increasing the impact. The event is contributing to ALL DIGITAL Week and the EU Media Literacy Week.
Registration is obligatory
09:00 Arrival and registration
09:30 Welcome and Introductions – Laurentiu Bunescu, CEO of ALL DIGITAL, & Brikena Xhomaqi, director of LLLP
09:40 Keynote Presentations
- Rodrigo Ballester, Member of the Cabinet of Commissioner Tibor Navracsics
- Lara Orlandi, Policy Officer, DG CONNECT, Audiovisual & Media Services Policy Unit
10:00 Panel discussion Awareness raising on digital skills and media literacy as 21st-century key competencies. Different perspectives from government, industry, academia and civil society on how to inform citizens about the importance of these competencies – examples of campaigns and other initiatives (top-down and bottom-up).
Moderator: Andrea Parola, European E-Skills Association
- Andras Szucs, Secretary General, EDEN
- Catherine Williams, Strategic Communications and Public Affairs, Google
- Fiona Fanning, Director of European Affairs, Certiport
- Ilona Kish, Director, Public Libraries 2030
- Yves Punie, Deputy Head of Unit and Senior Researcher, JRC -European Commission
11:30 Coffee break
11:45 Inspiring practices and projects
Showcase of best practices and programmes in supporting citizens with digital skills and media literacy; how using a multi-stakeholder approach increases impact.
Moderator: Brikena Xhomaqi, Director, Lifelong Learning Platform
Introduction: Ekaterina Clifford, Communication and Campaigns, ALL DIGITAL
- DIGIT, LLLP
- Smart Women, ALL DIGITAL
- Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange, Search for Common Ground
- Upskill Digital UK
12:45 Closing & light lunch