05 Oct European Cyber Security Month 2018
European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) is an EU awareness campaign that promotes cyber security among citizens and organizations about the importance of information security and highlighting the simple steps that can be taken to protect their data, whether personal, financial and/or professional. The main goal being to raise awareness, change behaviour and provide resources to all about how to protect themselves online. The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission DG CONNECT and Partners are deploying the European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) every October.
-The objectives of the European Cyber Security Month:
- generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
- generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive;
- promote safer use of the Internet for all users;
- build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM;
- involve relevant stakeholders;
- increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project;
- enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
You can watch the animated video that describes in brief what ECSM it is about.
-2018 : CURRENT CAMPAIGN
Building together a joint EU awareness campaign on NIS topics!
ECSM runs for the entire month of October, with each week focusing on a different topic. During each week, ENISA and its partners will be publishing reports, organising events and activities centred on each of these themes. Events will focus on training, strategy summits, general presentations to users, online quizzes, etc
-October Weekly Themes
Week 1: Oct. 1-5
Practice Basic Cyber Hygiene
The theme seeks to assist the public in establishing and maintaining daily routines, checks and general behaviour required to stay safe online.
Week 2: Oct. 8-12
Expand your Digital Skills and Education
Transform your skills and security know how with the latest technologies.
Week 3: Oct. 15-19
Recognize Cyber Scams
The theme aims to educate the general public on how to identify deceiving content in order to keep both themselves and their finances safe online.
Week 4: Oct. 22-26
Emerging Technologies and Privacy Stay tech wise and safe with the latest emerging technologies.