17 May B-kids. Digital games for entrepreneurial education
Editions: November, March, June
Contact Person: Altheo Valentini
Entrepreneurship learning aims to foster in learners those personal qualities such as creativity, spirit of initiative and independence that contribute to the development of an entrepreneurial attitude, which will prove useful in personal life and in every working activity.
This learning will also provide early knowledge and contact with the world of business, and some key understanding in the role of entrepreneurs in the community.
The core knowledge created via entrepreneurship education includes, but is not limited to the ability:
- to recognize opportunities in one’s life;
- to pursue such opportunities by generating new innovative ideas and marshalling needed resources;
- to think in a creative way.
Assuming digital skills have a very relevant connection to general competences, B-KIDS will use digital tools for teaching students and youngsters to interact in heterogeneous groups
BASIC COURSE (5 days)
- DAY 1 Welcome, getting to know each other, introduction to the B-KIDS and Business at School projects.
- DAY 2 eTwinning and digital cooperative learning.
- DAY 3 How to organize a treasure hunt to discover the business world around the kids.
- DAY 4 Project management, the theory of change in cooperative learning activities inside the classroom.
- DAY 5 Easy-coding: how to work with Scratch
- DAY 6 Guided tour of Umbrian medieval villages and natural sites.
ADVANCED COURSE (10 days)
- DAY 7 Free (departure of participants attending the basic course).
- DAY 8 Project work: basic business vocabulary for kids.
- DAY 9 From the analysis of the territory to the preparation of a business product: the touristic map or the digital game.
- DAY 10 My business plan: developing critical thinking and resource management.
- DAY 11 Create a marketing campaign, including a unique logo, slogan, and advertisements. Teachers as e-facilitators in the classroom!
- DAY 12 Departure of participants.
The training programme focuses on cooperative learning through the use of simplified marketing and business tools such as SWOT analysis, market research, online collaboration platforms, digital tools and social networks.
Divided into smaller groups, participants will be asked to complete different tasks for the production of a business product and/or game that can be later on used for learning activities inside the classroom.
With project based learning, the participants will have the opportunity to master theoretical knowledge as well as practical work, gain valuable experience in different types of media as well as project planning and implementation.