02 Jul ALL DIGITAL is looking for a communications officer
02 Jul, 2021
ALL DIGITAL, a leading European association working to enhance digital skills across Europe, is hiring a Communications Officer.
We were established in 2007 on the initiative of digital inclusion leaders first as an informal thematic network, and in 2010 – as a formal international non-profit association. Thirteen years later, we are a major European association in the field of digital inclusion and empowerment, united by one purpose: empower Europe through digital skills. Our vision is that every European should be able to exploit the benefits and opportunities created by digital transformation, and we focus to support Europeans with insufficient level of digital skills. Our members are organisations supporting the digital skills training and leading the networks of digital competence centres – low threshold community centres, NGOs, libraries, other public places where people get access to technology and the Internet and learn digital skills.
As a Communications Officer, you will be joining our international team at ALL DIGITAL AISBL in Brussels. You will be responsible for managing and implementing communications activities and the development of services for ALL DIGITAL members.
You will report to the Chief Executive Officer of ALL DIGITAL.
Key Responsibilities and main tasks:
- Responsible for developing and implementing the Communication Strategy of ALL DIGITAL, identifying potential partners, activities and opportunities;
- Responsible for external communication, including messaging, platforms, channels, materials and graphic profile;
- Day-to-day planning, management and development of ALL DIGITAL website, social media channels and platforms;
- Oversee all online and offline publications and other communication materials;
- Support the communication with ALL DIGITAL member organisations;
- Coordinate and develop the bi-monthly Newsletter editions, as well as offer informative services to the members of ALL DIGITAL;
- Ensure communications coverage of project/policy events of the organisation in collaboration with Project and Policy Officers;
- Plan and support the implementation of communication and advocacy work in collaboration with the Policy Officer;
- Plan and implement the ALL DIGITAL Week European online awareness raising campaign, engaging with partners and member organisations from all over Europe;
- Coordinate the organisation of ALL DIGITAL meetings, events, General Assembly, ALL DIGITAL Summit, ALL DIGITAL Awards, online communities,
- Develop media contacts and networks and keep internal database of contacts updated;
Required knowledge, competences and experience:
- Academic degree within a relevant field (e.g. marketing & communications, digital media, journalism etc.) or comparable;
- Proven and significant professional experience of at least 5 years in a similar role, in an international environment;
- Excellent command of English (C1 spoken and written) is mandatory;
- Proven experience in designing and developing policy messages, communication and awareness raising digital campaigns (tools, messaging, etc.), in-person and online international events;
- Proven management of institutional/campaign-oriented social media accounts and community engagement platforms;
- Capacity to run large scale social media campaigns and design dissemination materials e.g. info graphics, project leaflets etc.;
- Ability to analyse and prepare reports on website and social media engagements;
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office tools, WordPress CMS, and the ability to solve small IT problems;
- Experience in project dissemination activities at European level, including design of Communication and Dissemination strategies and plans;
- In-depth knowledge of the EU social affairs and policies and processes;
- Able to work well in an international environment;
- Well-organised with an eye for detail;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to take the initiative, prioritise tasks and work under set deadlines;
- Flexibility to travel for work;
- Hands-on and result-oriented, with a can-do mentality;
- Strong & well-developed interpersonal skills;
- A good team player but also able to work independently.
Desirable competencies and experiences:
- Experience of working with or within a membership-based organisation;
- Working experience in the field of digital skills development and digital inclusion;
- EU-based media relations;
- Database management and GDPR experience or training;
- Graphic design and video-editing skills;
- Experience in designing and implementing surveys that can lead to services for member organisations;
- Starting date: 1st September 2021 or as soon as possible
- Employment conditions: 1-year (renewable to an indefinite period) contract under the Belgian law. The employee will be based at the ALL DIGITAL Office in Brussels. ALL DIGITAL is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the official language.
- Salary scale: ALL DIGITAL AISBL offers full-time contract with competitive annual gross salary plus other benefits (e.g., transportation allowance, lunch vouchers, distance work allowance, pension saving). Salary is agreed according to the job profile and years of professional experience, in line with to the organisation’s remuneration policy.
How to apply:
- If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Communications Officer” by 13 July 2021.
- In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by ALL DIGITAL AISBL for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.
- In your email please mention the source where you came to know this job announcement.
- Selected candidates will be invited for interview on a rolling basis (so please apply early)!
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in Belgium.