10 Jul Digipolis – Digitaal.Talent@Gent
Digital competence centres:
Digipolis Ghent is the ICT services organization (governmental, but strictly non-commercial) for the city of Ghent, Belgium.
Digitaal.Talent@Gent is an urban transversal and connecting e-inclusion programme that was founded in 2006. Together with council services, organisations, companies and citizens, Digitaal.Talent@Gent is building a digitally inclusive Ghent where its citizens can really grasp the opportunities that come with a digital world, instead of being shut out.
- We encourage the citizens of Ghent to take their first steps in the digital world by offering them digital access and support.
- We support organizations in Ghent with materials, expertise, connections and so on, so they can fully focus on completing their e-inclusion programmes for specific target groups.
- We are an enabler that supports council services such as the De Krook library, the Department of Employment, the Department of Education and the Department of Public Affairs to fully focus on e-inclusion in the future.
- We focus on e-inclusion internally, both for the City Council and Digipolis, so that digital inclusion becomes part of the organization’s DNA.
- We are also known as an inclusive knowledge centre outside of the city boundaries, since we take part in broader networks – Flemish, Belgian and European – than just the local ones.
The strategic programme is a best practice in Flanders and Belgium. In 2017, the European Commission rewarded the Digitaal.Talent@Gent efforts with the European Digital Skills Award in the ‘Digital Skills for all’ category.
Name: Sara Van Damme
Position: e-inclusion program coordinator